At the JoomlaDay I showed how to make a Joomla website available offline and create a Progressive Web App out of it, using a Joomla page. Not only the offline capability, but also fast loading times characterize a Progressive Web App (PWA) among other things. Therefore I recommend to make every website available as a Progressive Web App.
The lecture "Show me your Offline Page (PWA)" shows among others the following topics:
- Registration of a service worker
- Versioning of the service worker or cache
- Serviceworker Lifecycle (registration, download, installation, waiting and activation)
- Handling cache storage
- loading contents and files from the cache
- display an offline page
- Testing the Progressive Web App with Lighthouse
- select the contents for the cache
- Clean up cache, limit items, images, web pages (page contents)
- Progressive Web App Manifest
- Push Notifications
To the --> Slides about Progressiven Web App
Zum --> Video(PWA) from JoomlaDay in Vienna
miTT PWA Plugin for Joomla to create your own Progressive Web App. Read more...
Realization of a progressive web app with push messages in Joomla for a community.Read more...
Speaker at the Digital Breakfast in Stuttgart "PROGRESSIVE WEB APP (PWA) AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE NATIVE APP? Read more...
The scope of the Progressive Web App can be defined when the service worker is registered. Read more...