How can the availability of the website be increased?
- avoid overloading the server, as this has a negative effect on performance
- reduce unnecessary access from spambots
- optimize images by compressing and delivering them in multiple sizes
- prevent unnecessary requests
- load only the scripts and fonts you need
- use image formats like WebP
- rely on native lazy-loading of images
- use techniques such as CDN and Service Worker to quickly output static content
- cache you control certain content, images, scripts, fonts with the help of the Service Worker technology
- display content with the Service Worker's technology even if the user has no or a poor Internet connection
- provide an alternative offline page that displays, for example, a telephone number or opening hours or other important information
Through the Service Worker your website mutates to a PWA (Progressive Web App). This gives you further advantages and installation options.
If you use the CMS Joomla, you can use miTT PWA to turn your website into a PWA. Here you can enjoy caching and an offline page.
Do you have questions about optimizing your website?
miTT PWA Plugin for Joomla to create your own Progressive Web App. Read more...
Progressive Web App a must for every website? Read more...
WebP Images - new speed for the website Read more...